For instructions on installing the Dart or Flutter extensions, go here.
- #2333: Previews of Flutter icons in gutter/hover tooltips have been restored.
Flutter: New Project Offline Mode
#1957/#2311: @ejabu Contributed a new setting
dart.flutterCreateOffline that will cause Flutter: New Project to run in offline-mode.
Dart CLI Terminal Improvements
#2256/#2230/#2315/#2305/#2313: Running CLI apps in the terminal has received some improvements over the original release. Apps now run as real processes in a standard VS Code Terminal (instead of using a Pseudoterminal). This should resolve issues with certain keys (like backspace) not working correctly.
Note: You must be using Dart SDK v2.7.1 or later for this functionality to work.
- #2282/#2283: The debugger should no longer get stuck in the running state if it pauses very quickly after being resumed.
- #2314: The debug adapter now users the debug adapter protocol’s
runInTerminalRequestfor terminal mode instead of proprietary events, improving compatibility with other editors.
- #2289: Dart: Run Test At Cursor is now a little more lax about the positions of the cursor, including the whole start/end line for a group/test.
- #2280: When running commands like Pub: Get Packages, the Output tab when no longer be shown automatically unless errors occur.
- #2296: Code snippets should no longer force the editor into “snippet mode” unnecessarily, preventing code completion from working.
- #2228/#2272: Flutter Outline now updates more reliably for files outside of your workspace.
- #2218: Color previews now appear in the gutter for colors using the
- #2140/#2270: Format Document should no longer break some unicode characters in long documents.
- #2312: The Dart: Run All Tests command can now be used if you’re already in a debug session.
- #2160: A new setting
dart.allowTestsOutsideTestFoldercontrols whether files ending
_test.dartoutside of the test folder will be considered tests.
#2238/#2297: As part of ongoing work to migrate to the language server protocol, a new setting
dart.previewLsp will force the analyzer to using the LSP protocol. This mode is not yet complete and has some known issues.
Some feature requests and fixes require new features and fixes in upstream projects like VS Code and LSP which use counts of 👍s on those issues to help gauge demand. The Dart-Code website now lists some of the most significant upstream issues with a description of the feature/fix they would enable. Please consider reviewing this list and adding your 👍 to any GitHub issues relevant to features you’d like to see!