For instructions on installing the Dart or Flutter extensions, go here.
- #2333: Previews of Flutter icons in gutter/hover tooltips have been restored.
Flutter: New Project Offline Mode
#1957/#2311: @ejabu Contributed a new setting
dart.flutterCreateOffline that will cause Flutter: New Project to run in offline-mode.
Dart CLI Terminal Improvements
#2256/#2230/#2315/#2305/#2313: Running CLI apps in the terminal has received some improvements over the original release. Apps now run as real processes in a standard VS Code Terminal (instead of using a Pseudoterminal). This should resolve issues with certain keys (like backspace) not working correctly.
Note: You must be using Dart SDK v2.7.1 or later for this functionality to work.
- #2282/#2283: The debugger should no longer get stuck in the running state if it pauses very quickly after being resumed.
- #2314: The debug adapter now users the debug adapter protocol’s
runInTerminalRequestfor terminal mode instead of proprietary events, improving compatibility with other editors.
- #2289: Dart: Run Test At Cursor is now a little more lax about the positions of the cursor, including the whole start/end line for a group/test.
- #2280: When running commands like Pub: Get Packages, the Output tab when no longer be shown automatically unless errors occur.
- #2296: Code snippets should no longer force the editor into “snippet mode” unnecessarily, preventing code completion from working.
- #2228/#2272: Flutter Outline now updates more reliably for files outside of your workspace.
- #2218: Color previews now appear in the gutter for colors using the
- #2140/#2270: Format Document should no longer break some unicode characters in long documents.
- #2312: The Dart: Run All Tests command can now be used if you’re already in a debug session.
- #2160: A new setting
dart.allowTestsOutsideTestFoldercontrols whether files ending
_test.dartoutside of the test folder will be considered tests.
#2238/#2297: As part of ongoing work to migrate to the language server protocol, a new setting
dart.previewLsp will force the analyzer to using the LSP protocol. This mode is not yet complete and has some known issues.