For instructions on installing the Dart or Flutter extensions, go here.
- #4563: The Run/Debug editor button will no longer show for files that don’t have a
mainfunction unless they are known entry files.
- #4520: Syntax highlighting (shown with semantic tokens are unavailable or have not yet been computed) has been updated to resolve some issues with comments inside type parameters.
- #4557: Multiple test suites are now run using relative instead of absolute paths. This reduces the chance of “Command line too long” errors on Windows when running a large selection of test suites (either explicitly, or because exclusions require each suite to be passed to
flutter testindividually). Further improvements to this will be made in a future release via #4553.
- #4545: Setting
falsenow removes any SDK path that had already been added to
PATHin the embedded terminal that VS Code would automatically re-apply after a restart.
- #4527: The default project names when using the Dart: New Project and Flutter: New Project commands have been updated to better reflect the kind of project. For example selecting the “package” template will provide a default name of
- #4554: The Hot Reload option is no longer missing when using Run (without debugging) with the new SDK debug adapters.
- #4539: The
customToolfield in launch configuration is now detailed on the Dart-Code website and does not causing a warning in VS Code that it’s not valid. This field is for advanced use where the
fluttertool need to be replaced by another (compatible) tool.
- #4556: A new setting
dart.analyzerAdditionalVmArgsallows passing additional VM arguments when spawning the analysis server.
Features/Fixes Enabled with Future SDKs
The following items depend on changes to the Dart/Flutter SDKs that have not yet been released to stable channels. They will show up automatically after you upgrade to the next (non-hotfix) Dart/Flutter SDK release in future. If you’re using a recent bleeding-edge version, these items should already be available to you and any issues should be reported on GitHub in the usual way.
- #4535: Go-to-References on initializing formals now correctly finds references in calls to the function.
- #4531: Go to Implementations no longer reports spurious results when implementations are provided by mixins in other files.
- #4530: Code completion for filenames is now available for conditional imports.
- #4521: Highlighting occurences of the selected variable now correctly includes variables declared by
- #4506: Code folding is now available for
- #4499: Code completion now longer sometimes shows types as nullable if they have been restricted to being non-nullable by another
- #4498: Classes and constructors declaration now have the
declarationsemantic token modifier to allow them to be coloured differently by themes.
- #4495: Unnamed constructors now have the
constructorsemantic token modifier, matching named constructors.
- #4473: The
classsnippet no longer shows up inside enum definitions.
Some feature requests and fixes require new features and fixes in upstream projects like VS Code and LSP which use counts of 👍s on those issues to help gauge demand. The Dart-Code website now lists some of the most significant upstream issues with a description of the feature/fix they would enable. Please consider reviewing this list and adding your 👍 to any GitHub issues relevant to features you’d like to see!