For instructions on installing the Dart or Flutter extensions, go here.
- #4437: The “Compiling…” notification when launching a Flutter web app using legacy DAPs no longer remains on screen after the app has started.
- #4427: The
FLUTTER_ROOTenvironment variable is now set automatically when working inside the Flutter repository, simplifying running/contributing to
- #4314: The new Flutter SDK debug adapter has been enabled by default again for recent versions (currently
master) of Flutter.
- #4441: Test suites are no longer duplicated in the test tree on Windows after running tests.
- #4474: When a prompt to run “pub get” or “pub upgrade” is shown, the extension log (accessible via the Dart: Open Extension Log command) will now record exactly what conditions triggered the prompt.
- #4456: Conditions for including the “Open in Xcode” context menu entry for
macosfolders now behave consistently.
- #4417: Support for project templates from the legacy Stagehand Pub package has been removed. The Dart: New Project command is now only usable with SDKs that support
- #4450: When using the
dart.customDevToolssetting to use a local development version of DevTools, a failure to start will no longer try to activate the legacy Pub version of DevTools.
- #4397: The
dart.addSdkToTerminalPathsetting added in the last release is now enabled by default. This setting will cause built-in terminal windows to have the version of Dart/Flutter configured by the extension in their
PATH. Existing terminals may need to be reloaded for this to apply.
- #4455: The VS Code developer tools console will no longer contain errors about creating quick-fixes for ignoring diagnostics if the document is modified while quick-fixes are being fetched.
- #3936: Legacy colour previews shown in the gutter have been removed. These were already hidden once the server was providing inline color picker versions, but the temporary display of them was confusing so has been removed.
- #4445: Linux keybindings for the Dart: Rerun Last Debug Session command have been fixed to use
- #4377/#4457: @aitor-gomila contributed changes to migrate to VS Code’s new telemetry APIs for the extension. Any analytics collected by the extension will now show in the VS Code’s Extension Telemetry panel.
Features/Fixes Enabled with Future SDKs
The following items depend on changes to the Dart/Flutter SDKs that have not yet been released to stable channels. They will show up automatically after you upgrade to the next (non-hotfix) Dart/Flutter SDK release in future. If you’re using a recent bleeding-edge version, these items should already be available to you and any issues should be reported on GitHub in the usual way.
- #4472: Upon opening a project or running “pub get”/”pub upgrade”, if your project has issues that could be fixed by the
dart fixcommand, a notification will be shown.
- #4469: When using SDK DAPs, breakpoints will no longer sometimes become unresolved when adding additional breakpoints.
- #4464: When using SDK DAPs,
setLibraryDebuggableis no longer called much more than necessary, which could slow down reloads/restarts and new isolates starting.
- #4447: Stopping a Dart CLI test session while at a breakpoint when using SDK DAPs now automatically resumes from the breakpoint instead of waiting.
- #4462: Code Actions are now available on all lines of a multiline diagnostic instead of only the first.
- #4451: Unnamed extension classes will no longer sometimes cause “Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘label’)” errors during code completion.
- #4440: The “Use curly braces” quick fix will no longer remove comments between the condition and body.
- #4436: Function types with unnamed parameters will no longer produce empty Inlay Hints, sometimes leading to “Character must be non-negative” errors in the VS Code developer console.
- #4354: Refactor Code Actions now use the new “inline” and “move” groups where appropriate, improving the grouping/sorting from other code actions.
- #4273: Trying to launch DevTools for an app that does not support it (such as in release mode) will now show a more detailed error message.
- #4414: Using the SDK DAPs for Flutter web apps will no longer fail due to an unsupported
ToolEventsstream used to communicate with the editor.
Some feature requests and fixes require new features and fixes in upstream projects like VS Code and LSP which use counts of 👍s on those issues to help gauge demand. The Dart-Code website now lists some of the most significant upstream issues with a description of the feature/fix they would enable. Please consider reviewing this list and adding your 👍 to any GitHub issues relevant to features you’d like to see!