For instructions on installing the Dart or Flutter extensions, go here.
- #3838: Flutter Apps runs in profile mode will no longer start with paused isolates (which the debugger must unpause) which could make them appear to run more slowly.
- #3815: Running an app in Release mode has been simplified with the addition of a new command (Debug: Run App in Release Mode, an automatic launch configuration, and a launch configuration snippet), mirroring the same existing for Profile mode.
- #3655: Online devices and offline emulators are now clearly seperated in the device selector.
stanimsnippets no longer generate public API using the private
- #3843: Icon previews in hovers are no longer missing for newly-added icons or those that start with numbers.
- #3821: The “cold boot” emulator options now appear alongside their standard boot counterparts.
- #3819: After creating a new project, the prompt shown advising you to press
F5to start no longer notes that a device must be connected.
- #3822: Generated debug session names no longer contain tags used to show icons in other parts of the UI.
- #3842: Some additional “flutter build” tasks have been added and are now filtered by platform.
- #3834: Having quotes around the
pubspec.yamlno longer prevents the project from being detected as a Flutter project.
- #3840: Errors during evaluation in the watch/variables panels no longer show “function errorString” instead of the actual error message.
- #3799: The VM Service URI used by DevTools will now be correctly mapped for use in remote workspaces (for example using VS Code’s Remoting extensions for SSH or Docker).
- #3852: Launching DevTools in an external browser no longer writes an error to the VS Code developer console when using the latest (
master) Flutter SDK.
- #3817/#3818: @tomgilder contributed a new “Open in Xcode” short-cut for the
macosfolder in the explorer.
- #3813: Using a new version of
pubthat does not create
.packagesfiles will no longer result in additional spurious prompts to fetch packages.
- #3848: Customizing a Task in a multi-project folder (monorepo) no longer loses the working directory.
- #1516: Running tasks automatically upon opening a project (using
tasks.json) no longer sometimes fails on Windows.
- #3847: Running
build_runnertasks on the latest stable SDK no longer prints “Deprecated. Use
- #3769: A new setting
dart.experimentalSdkDapsenables using new DAP implementations that will ship in the Dart/Flutter SDK. These are highly experimental and will only work with the latest development SDKs, but testing and bug reports are welcome.
Features/Fixes Enabled with Future SDKs
These items rely on changes to the Dart/Flutter SDKs that have not yet been released to stable channels. They will show up automatically when you update your SDK in future (or if using beta/development channels depending on the exact version).
- #3846: The “Convert Getter to Method” assist now works for extensions.
- #3844: Code completion no longer inserts unwanted commas when editing argument names.
- #3823: A new “Convert to ‘package:’ import for everywhere in file” fix is available when using the
- #2492: The “Wrap with Column” refactor is now available when a Widget constructor is selected and not only when there is no selection.
- #3830: The “Invalid file path” message sometimes shown when analysis fails will be more specific rather than a catch-all for several types of failure.
Some feature requests and fixes require new features and fixes in upstream projects like VS Code and LSP which use counts of 👍s on those issues to help gauge demand. The Dart-Code website now lists some of the most significant upstream issues with a description of the feature/fix they would enable. Please consider reviewing this list and adding your 👍 to any GitHub issues relevant to features you’d like to see!