For instructions on installing the Dart or Flutter extensions, go here.
- #4867: Running a script with a
cwdset to another project no longer sometimes selects the wrong type of debugger (for example Flutter when trying to run a Dart CLI script from another project with the
cwdset to a Flutter project)
- #4904: The Flutter device daemon is now fully initialised before trying to query the supported platforms for a project. This may solve some race conditions that would prevent the correct devices from showing.
- #4885: For new versions of Flutter, launching an application will not overwrite any custom Pub root directories set via DevTools (by using the
addPubRootDirectoriesservice instead of
- #4896: The “Add ‘foo’ to dependencies” quick-fix will no longer appear duplicated when both
depend_on_referenced_packagesdiagnostics are produced.
- #4808: Code completion now triggers automatically when typing inside an string interpolation expression.
- #4719: When editing
.arbfiles, a recommendation for the ARB Editor extension may be shown.
- #4897: @hrishikesh-kadam contributed an update to the recommended settings to bring
editor.wordBasedSuggestionsinline with new values in VS Code 1.85.
- #4906: The default files created at
bin/(project_name).dartin console applications are now treated as potential default entry points, just as
Features/Fixes Enabled with Future SDKs
The following items depend on changes to the Dart/Flutter SDKs that have not yet been released to stable channels. They may be able to test in the current beta/master channels and will show up in future SDK releases.
- #4891: Inlay hints are now shown for for-in loops and for elements in collections.
- #4865: Format document no longer sometimes adds blank lines in file that use
\nline endings after formatting another file using
- #4863: Static types are now shown correctly in hovers for getters using generic types.
Some feature requests and fixes require new features and fixes in upstream projects like VS Code and LSP which use counts of 👍s on those issues to help gauge demand. The Dart-Code website now lists some of the most significant upstream issues with a description of the feature/fix they would enable. Please consider reviewing this list and adding your 👍 to any GitHub issues relevant to features you’d like to see!