For instructions on installing the Dart or Flutter extensions, go here.
- #4083: Certain formats of exclusion rules in
analysis_options.yamlwill no longer cause more folders than expected to be excluded from project detection.
- #3055: Actions that cause the extension to reload the language server (such as modifying SDK settings, or changing the selected SDK) no longer generate errors like “edit.sortMembers is already registered”.
- #4050: The default formatter for Dart files is now set explicitly. This prevents the Dart formatter from being disabled if another formatter sets itself as the global default. If required, this can be overridden by setting the
editor.defaultFormattersetting inside the Dart-specific settings (“[dart]”).
- #4042: Tests that include
>in their names (but not immediately following quotes) no longer prevent tests from running using CodeLens links.
- #4076: After updating the
pathof a dependency (or switching between a
pathand other type of dependency) in
pubspec.yamland then Hot Restarting, the debugger will no longer continue to jump to the original sources paths when breaking/stepping in the dependency.
- #3944: A new setting
"dart.customDevToolsUri"allows overriding the URI used when launching/embedded DevTools. This setting is intended for use by DevTools developers to simplify testing DevTools when embedded in VS Code.
- #4028: Nested projects excluded from analysis using
analysis_options.yamlare now also excluded when locating projects, including when deciding whether to use a Dart or Flutter SDK. This prevents the Flutter SDK being selected for Dart projects that may include nested Flutter projects for testing purposes (such as the project for the
Features/Fixes Enabled with Future SDKs
These items rely on changes to the Dart/Flutter SDKs that have not yet been released to stable channels. They will show up automatically when you update your SDK in future (or if using beta/development channels depending on the exact version).
- #4039: When using SDK debug adapters (via the
"dart.previewSdkDaps"setting), exception popups now include the full exception text (matching the existing debug adapters). Migration to the SDK debug adapters by default will begin in an upcoming release.
- #4053: The Extract Method refactor no longer incorrectly adds the
asynckeyword to synchronous code that contained asynchronous callbacks.
- #4031: Several issues with Go to Definition not navigating correctly on
thisformal params have been resolved.