For instructions on installing the Dart or Flutter extensions, go here.
Note: If you previously installed a beta version of Dart Code to help with testing Flutter integration, please uninstall it and close all Code instances before installing v2.0 from the marketplace.
- [Flutter] When opening a Flutter project your selected device will be shown in the status bar
- [Flutter] If you have more than one connected device you will be able to switch between them by clicking on the device in the status bar
- [Flutter] Pressing
F5will build and launch your app on the selected device
- [Flutter] The usual debugging experience is available for Flutter apps, including breakpoints, call stacks, watch window etc.
- [Flutter] The debugger’s
Ctrl+Shift+F5) has been mapped to Flutter’s
hot reloadand will update the running application without needing to rebuild
- [Flutter] Code completion for Widgets will no longer show trailing commas in the list (though they will still be inserted)
- Clicking the debugger’s restart button for a Dart CLI app will no longer crash but instead provide a more useful message about being unable to restart when VS Code does not supply toe correct configuration (this issue is fixed for VS Code 1.14 coming soon)
- Stack frame text when stopped in the debugger is now improved and will show async gaps
- Cursor placement after code fixes and assists should now be more accurate
Some feature requests and fixes require new features and fixes in upstream projects like VS Code and LSP which use counts of 👍s on those issues to help gauge demand. The Dart-Code website now lists some of the most significant upstream issues with a description of the feature/fix they would enable. Please consider reviewing this list and adding your 👍 to any GitHub issues relevant to features you’d like to see!