For instructions on installing the Dart or Flutter extensions, go here.
Note: If you previously installed a beta version of Dart Code to help with testing Flutter integration, please uninstall it and close all Code instances before installing v2.0 from the marketplace.
- [Flutter] When opening a Flutter project your selected device will be shown in the status bar
- [Flutter] If you have more than one connected device you will be able to switch between them by clicking on the device in the status bar
- [Flutter] Pressing
F5will build and launch your app on the selected device
- [Flutter] The usual debugging experience is available for Flutter apps, including breakpoints, call stacks, watch window etc.
- [Flutter] The debugger’s
Ctrl+Shift+F5) has been mapped to Flutter’s
hot reloadand will update the running application without needing to rebuild
- [Flutter] Code completion for Widgets will no longer show trailing commas in the list (though they will still be inserted)
- Clicking the debugger’s restart button for a Dart CLI app will no longer crash but instead provide a more useful message about being unable to restart when VS Code does not supply toe correct configuration (this issue is fixed for VS Code 1.14 coming soon)
- Stack frame text when stopped in the debugger is now improved and will show async gaps
- Cursor placement after code fixes and assists should now be more accurate