For instructions on installing the Dart or Flutter extensions, go here.
- #2029: When code-completing named properties, the cursor position will now appear in the correct (pre-v3.5.0) position.
- #2004/#2005: The Flutter: New Web Project command has been removed. To create web projects, you should now use the standard Flutter: New Project command. Note: Web support is still in preview, see the Flutter site for more info.
- #1983/#1997: Running emulators will now show their friendly emulator name (as shown before launching) in place of their device names (for example “Pixel 2” instead of “Android SDK built for x86”).
- #1994: Performing a Hot Restart while the debugger is in a pause state will no longer get stuck in a paused state when the app is actually running.
- #1840/#2003/#1961: Scanning for projects is now asynchronous which should improve extension activation speed and reduce the chances of triggering VS Code’s “extension causes high CPU” warning.
- #1958/#1959: Code completion will no longer include duplicates when the same item is imported via multiple libraries.
- #1988: Saving a
pubspec.yamlfile that appears in the Explorer tree multiple times (due to overlapping multi-root workspaces) will now automatically run
pub getinstead of prompting as if it needs running for multiple projects.
pub getwill no longer run automatically when
pubspec.yamlfiles are modified inside a
- #1972: Prompts to run
pub getare now disabled when working in the Dart SDK repository.
- #1981/#2022: File extensions in the
dart.additionalAnalyzerFileExtensionssettings are now registered for additional editor functionality, such as Outline and Folding. This will allow analysis server plugins to provide additional functionality for non-Dart files.
- #2007: The
dart.analyzeAngularTemplatessetting has been fixed to correctly registers editor functionality for HTML files when the Angular analyzer plugin is enabled.
- #1971: Trying to run a whole group of tests will no longer fail with “Unable to start test for node with no test or group name”.
- #2002: Changing the SDK version back to Auto-Detect using the SDK picker will once again clear the workspace-level setting and fall back to searching
PATHfor an SDK.
- #1717: SDK and log paths in settings are now categorised as machine-specific which will prevent them applying in remote workspaces where the remote may have different paths (or be a different platform).
Some feature requests and fixes require new features and fixes in upstream projects like VS Code and LSP which use counts of 👍s on those issues to help gauge demand. The Dart-Code website now lists some of the most significant upstream issues with a description of the feature/fix they would enable. Please consider reviewing this list and adding your 👍 to any GitHub issues relevant to features you’d like to see!