For instructions on installing the Dart or Flutter extensions, go here.
- Completing named arguments that already have values will no longer cause the argument name to be inserted twice.
- An error message about the “new driver” will no longer appear when using version v1.22.0-dev.5.0 or later of the Dart SDK.
Note: This version requires Visual Studio Code 1.8.
- Code completion will no longer insert underscore characters after upgrading to Code 1.8.
- Using the experimental analysis driver will no longer result multiple error reports being offered when an error occurs
- Passing additional arguments to the analysis server via the hidden setting
dart.analyzerAdditionalArgsnow works as expected
- Generated error reports will now include which analysis server arguments were used
- Generated error reports will now include which type of request the server was processing
- Generated error reports may now include additional diagnostic information from the analysis server
- Generated error reports will now include some intro text encouraging the user to review the report for any sensitive information
- Some additional debugging settings have been added to help track down analysis server issues
- Changing analysis server debug settings will now prompt you to reload the project to restart the analysis server
- Some minor tweaks have been made to the error report generation when the analysis service crashes
- Exception analytics should no longer sometimes include users source code paths/filenames in logs
- When changing the
dart.sdkPathsetting you will now be prompted (and given a button) to reload the project
- If the analysis service crashes and analytics are enabled, the first line of the error message will be included in an analytics event
- Fix to fix for analytics :(
- Add timings for extension activation and analysis server startup
- Minor update to improve session handling for analytics
Note: Due to use of new APIs, Dart Code v0.14 requires Visual Studio Code v1.6 or newer.
Debug Just My Code
New settings have been added controlling whether to step into SDK and external library code when debugging. When first opening Dart Code with this change you will be prompted to choose whether to “Debug just my code” or “Debug all code”. You can change this at any time with the
Analysis Server Error Reporting
If the analysis server encounters an error you will now be prompted (up to 3 times per session) to report the issue to the Dart team. Clicking “Generate error report” will build a document of markdown that you can simple copy/paste directly into the Dart SDK issue tracker (linked at the top of the report).
- A small change was made to ensure debugging compatibility with future versions of the Dart SDK.
- If the Dart SDK is not found on your machine, the error message will now include a button to launch the Dart installation page.
- As of Visual Studio Code v1.7, the
editor.formatOnSavesetting will work correctly for Dart files.