For instructions on installing the Dart or Flutter extensions, go here.
- #1859/#1843/#1843: Fixes a compatibility issue with the VM Service recently rolled into Flutter’s
masterchannel that resulted in the Hot Reload command vanishing (and hot-reload-on-save not working).
Code Completion Improvements
- #1776 & #1789: Code completion will no longer list a symbol multiple times if it can be imported through multiple libraries if one or more of them are already imported into the current file.
- #1787: When auto-import completions require a prefix, the prefix will no longer abruptly appear in the completion label when it becomes the selected item.
- #1786: Code completion will no longer sometimes list the same item multiples even for the same exporting library.
- #1780: Code completion will no longer sometimes show
undefinedinstead of the return type.
- #1766: Sorting of code completion items when using auto-import-completions has been improved.
Flutter UI Guides Preview Improvements
- #1791: Several improvements have been made to the Flutter UI Guides preview (see v3.1 release notes for instructions on how to enable) including fixes when using tab-indenting and better handling of joining lines.
- #1741: The Dart and Flutter extensions are now packed with webpack which should lead to much faster startup performance, eliminating “Extension causes high cpu load” warnings at startup when filesystem access is slow.
- #1750: Many improvements have been made to the performance of code completions when auto-import-completions are enabled.
- #1800: Editor lag when using the VSCodeVim extension has been greatly decreased. It may not be possible to completely eliminate this lag due to the way VS Code and VSCodeVim interact (see this VS Code issue for details).
- #1756: Cancellation tokens are now periodically checked during slow and async operations to short-cut work (for example in the case where the completion list is closed while the list was still being computed it will be aborted).
- #1790: A minor memory leak when running tests has been resolved.
- #1779: Built-in types with lowercase names (like
boolean) will now be colored the same way as other types (like
- #1765: Syntax highlighting of code in doc comments with indentation has been fixed.
- #1778: Hover tooltips will now render package URIs for the element in more places and more consistently.
- #1745: Invoking
Renamein invalid locations (such as on the name of a built-in library name in an import statement) will now show “You cannot rename this element” instead of a cryptic error message.
- #1792: Flutter projects will now be detected nested more deeply in the workspace during activation.
- #1795: Installing the Flutter extension with no Dart or Flutter SDKs in
PATHwill no longer immediately result in a prompt to install the Dart SDK.
- #1755: Installing the Flutter extension with a Flutter project already open will no longer prompt to install the Flutter extension.
- #1807: Web and Desktop devices will no longer be automatically selected at startup in preference to a connected mobile device/emulator.
- #1785: Source maps for running Dart Code’s own tests have been fixed.
- #1784: A typo in the emulator connection message has been corrected.
Some feature requests and fixes require new features and fixes in upstream projects like VS Code and LSP which use counts of 👍s on those issues to help gauge demand. The Dart-Code website now lists some of the most significant upstream issues with a description of the feature/fix they would enable. Please consider reviewing this list and adding your 👍 to any GitHub issues relevant to features you’d like to see!