For instructions on installing the Dart or Flutter extensions, go here.
- Find References (
Shift+F12) has been added
- Open files are given higher priority for analysis operations
- The extension no longer tries (and fails) to analyze open files that are outside of workspace folder
Additionally, a new option
dart.allowAnalytics was added to control if analytics are sent. Only very basic events are captured (such as extension activation and if you toggle certain features) and are sent along with the extension version/platform. No code, filenames, project names or personal information will be sent. Source code for all analytics is visible here.
- A new setting
true) has been added to show/hide TODO messages from the Problems list
- “Analyzing…” will now show in the status bar when files are being analyzed
- Go to Definition is now supported within your project (though does not yet work with SDK classes)
- The Dart SDK version number will now show in the bottom right status bar
- Dart files will automatically be set to 2-space indenting when you open them
- A new setting
true) has been added to enable/disable automatic indent settings
- Symbol search is now case-insensitive and also supports better filtering (eg. “TA” will match “TwitterApi”)
- Tooltips reading
undefinedwill no longer appear for some items (eg. string literals)
- Tooltip formatting/display has been greatly improved
Some feature requests and fixes require new features and fixes in upstream projects like VS Code and LSP which use counts of 👍s on those issues to help gauge demand. The Dart-Code website now lists some of the most significant upstream issues with a description of the feature/fix they would enable. Please consider reviewing this list and adding your 👍 to any GitHub issues relevant to features you’d like to see!