For instructions on installing the Dart or Flutter extensions, go here.
- New survey prompts have been enabled for a small number of Flutter beta users.
- #4809: Running Flutter tests from a path that includes a
toolsegment within the
testfolder no longer uses
dartand produces an error that
- #4778: The
dart.envsetting now correctly sets environment variables for the Flutter device daemon process which addresses some issues with custom
- #4807: When clicking the “Open Settings” button after accepting Dart’s recommended settings or in warning notifications about invalid settings, the settings editor will now jump directly to the related setting.
- #4822: The error “Unknown Outline item! EXTENSION” is no longer be printed to the console when working in files that contain extensions.
- #4786: The change in #4749 to prompt for a variable name when extracted locals has been reverted because it prevented the analysis-server-suggested name from being used (forcing you to always type a name). A future release may re-introduce if it can be done in a way that preserves the server-suggested name as a default.
- #4789: The
Dart: Collect Diagnostic Informationcommand will no longer include
flutter doctoroutput for non-Flutter projects even if a Flutter SDK is available.
- #4773: The Go to Test/Implementation File command now handles optional
srcsegments in paths to handle jumping between
The Flutter sidebar is currently available when using the latest Flutter beta and will be available in a future stable Flutter release.
- #4812: The
embedflag is now set correctly so that the IDE theme colors are used correctly in the sidebar.
- #4819: Devices for platforms that are not enabled for the current project are no longer shown in the sidebar.
- #4818: Devices that are emulators will now show the emulator name (instead of device name) in the sidebar, matching what’s shown in other locations such as the device quick-pick.
Features/Fixes Enabled with Future SDKs
The following items depend on changes to the Dart/Flutter SDKs that have not yet been released to stable channels. Some are already available in the current beta channels though some are currently only available on bleeding-edge builds and will show up in future beta/stable SDK releases.
- #4759: Assertion failures when debugging Flutter SDK code no longer show “Source not available” messages.
- #4813: The Fix All command now works correctly for
files and no longer fixespart`s when invoked in the containing library file.
- #4795: The “switch expression” snippet no longer appears in completion when accessing enum members imported with a prefix.
- #4792: The Add Import quick-fix is now available for the
- #4788: Code completion now shows field types on members of records.
- #4787: The Extract Local Variable refactor no longer rejects variable names that match named arguments in the current scope.
- #4775: The Ignore ‘lint’ for line quick-fix no longer inserts the ignore comment in the wrong location for a getter that has a dartdoc.
- #4772: Code completion no longer suggests private static class members from other libraries.
- #4712: Inlay Hints are now shown for type arguments for type names inside
- #4790: Inspecting a list that contains a
nullin the debugger no longer produces an error.
- #4768: Location links shown on the right of the Debug Console now work for file paths even when running without debugging.
- #4359: When using the new SDK debug adapters, the Restart Frame functionality is available for frames before the first async boundary.
Some feature requests and fixes require new features and fixes in upstream projects like VS Code and LSP which use counts of 👍s on those issues to help gauge demand. The Dart-Code website now lists some of the most significant upstream issues with a description of the feature/fix they would enable. Please consider reviewing this list and adding your 👍 to any GitHub issues relevant to features you’d like to see!