For instructions on installing the Dart or Flutter extensions, go here.
- #3993: A new setting
dart.flutterGenerateLocalizationsOnSaveallows the Flutter: Generate Localizations command to be run automatically when a
.arbfile is saved.
- #4036: The Wrap with widget refactor will no longer sometimes insert snippet placeholders like
- #4002: The Wrap with… refactors will no longer sometimes remove escaping backslashes in the modified code.
- #4007: Running Flutter tests with multiline names on Windows no longer fails with “No tests match regular expression ‘test & exit /B 0’”.
- #4026: The Flutter: Check Elevations command has been removed because the underlying Flutter service was removed due to changes in layer positioning.
- #4001: @blaugold contributed nesting
- #3974: The default value of
dart.projectSearchDepthhas been increased from 3 to 5. This allows projects nested more deeply in your workspace to be found. Additionally, if the search for projects takes more than 1 second a progress indicator will be shown, allowing the search to be stopped early. Results from workspace searches are now also cached for a few minutes to improve performance.
- #4011: Having folders from both Dart SDK repo and non-Dart SDK repo in the workspace no longer tries to use
dart test(which are not available for Dart SDK repo projects).
- #3990: A new setting
pub getfor nested parent/child projects when a
pubspec.yamlis modified. This may be useful where you have nested projects with
pathdependencies (such as an
exampleproject) where both projects
package_config.jsonfiles need regenerating when adding dependencies to one.
- #4032: The Test: Run All Tests command no longer fails if the workspace contains integration tests that are not valid for the current device. Instead, they will be skipped.
Features/Fixes Enabled with Future SDKs
These items rely on changes to the Dart/Flutter SDKs that have not yet been released to stable channels. They will show up automatically when you update your SDK in future (or if using beta/development channels depending on the exact version).
- #3950: Code Actions such as Dart: Sort Members and Organize Imports will now fail silently if configured to run on-save (via
editor.codeActionsOnSave) and show errors if invoked manually.
- #4020: Ctrl+Click on constructor declarations now automatically searches for references (depending on VS Code settings) as it already did for other types of declarations.
- #4017: The
funsnippet to create functions has been restored.
- #4000: The Dart: Convert Method to Getter and Dart: Convert Getter to Method refactors will no longer show up in locations where they are not valid (and would error if selected).
- #4029: The Dart: Extract Method refactor no longer shows up for import prefixes.
- #4027: Code completion will no longer sometimes insert a literal
(...)instead of parameter placeholders (affected Dev builds only).
- #3943: Code completion for symbols that start with
$that are not yet imported will no longer insert duplicate
$s when selected.
- #3945: Error messages shown when trying to launch DevTools for a build that does not support it have been improved.
Some feature requests and fixes require new features and fixes in upstream projects like VS Code and LSP which use counts of 👍s on those issues to help gauge demand. The Dart-Code website now lists some of the most significant upstream issues with a description of the feature/fix they would enable. Please consider reviewing this list and adding your 👍 to any GitHub issues relevant to features you’d like to see!