For instructions on installing the Dart or Flutter extensions, go here.
- #3029/#3051: URLs used to spawn DevTools have been updated to support the upcoming release that renames Timeline to Performance and Performance to CPU Profiling.
Several improvements have been made when running with the LSP Preview. Many of these rely on changes in the Dart language server so may not be immediately available depending on the Dart/Flutter channel you are using. At the time of writing, they have not yet reached the Flutter stable channel.
TODOcomments now show in the problems list if
- #2808: Placeholders for parameters marked with the
requiredkeyword are now inserted when completing a function/method when
- #1960: Placeholders for parameters marked with the
@requiredannotation are now inserted when completing a function/method when
- #3006: Selecting
setStatefrom completion no longer inserts two function placeholders.
- #2992: Completions for some auto-import functions no longer fail to include parens/arguments when
- #2975: Code completion no longer inserts unnecessary tabstops for some functions that could prevent code completion from working if
editor.suggest.snippetsPreventQuickSuggestionshas not been disabled.
- #3016/#3026: New settings
dart.flutterAttachAdditionalArgshave been added that behave like
dart.flutterTestAdditionalArgsbut injecting args into
flutter attachcommands run by the debugger respectively.
- #2999/#3000: A new setting
dart.flutterWebRendererallows easily setting Flutter’s web renderer at the global (User Settings) level or per-workspace.
- #2963/#3004: New commands have been added to create module, plugin and package Flutter projects. The original Flutter: New Project command is now named Flutter: New Application Project to avoid ambiguity.
- #2984/#2991: The “Dart from Flutter” label no longer shows in the status bar when the active file is HTML.
- #2575: Syntax highlighting no longer colors unicode characters following a variable/expression as part of the variable.
- #3013/#3014: Folders inside
pubspec.yamlfiles will no longer show up in the project list.
- #2989/#2994: The New Project commands now allow selecting a folder before entering a name and will pre-populate the name with a placeholder that does not already exist on disk.
- #2832: A warning will now be shown when running individual tests using CodeLens if multiple tests are run (as a result of having multiple tests with the same name).
Some feature requests and fixes require new features and fixes in upstream projects like VS Code and LSP which use counts of 👍s on those issues to help gauge demand. The Dart-Code website now lists some of the most significant upstream issues with a description of the feature/fix they would enable. Please consider reviewing this list and adding your 👍 to any GitHub issues relevant to features you’d like to see!