For instructions on installing the Dart or Flutter extensions, go here.
- #2877: Large strings printed to the console while debugging will no longer consume significant amounts of CPU in the debug adapter.
- #2880: Stack frames printed to the debug console with no line/column information will no longer result in the URI/filename disappearing.
package: links are now detected in the built-in terminal and automatically linked as long as they are referenced by one of your projects.
Stack Trace Improvements
- #2795/#2796: Relative paths and
dart:libraries are now detected in stack traces printed to the debug console.
- #2794: Stack traces printed to the debug console while running tests are now detected and linked.
- #2793/#2809: Errors for
requiredparameters (like “vsync is not detected as a named parameter”) should no longer appear after using the Flutter: New Project command.
- #2776: Icons previews have been updated to support new rounded/outline variants and many new Cupterino icons.
- #2813: Code-fixes that include suggestion drop-downs will no longer generate incorrect code when one of the suggestions contains a comma.
The following changes include changes in the SDK and therefore may only apply when you are using a new enough SDK version. Those marked LSP may only apply when using the LSP preview (
"dart.previewLsp": true in your VS Code settings).
- #2818: Refactor error messages will no longer show an empty string
""for unnamed libraries, instead showing a relative path.
- #2781: Signature help will now show “required” against parameters that are marked with the
- #2766: “Create missing overrides” will no longer sometimes generate invalid code on Windows.
- #2762: The Dart: Sort Members command will no longer sometimes delete comments alongside
- #2680: The
dart.analysisExcludedFolderssetting is now supported for LSP.
- #1132: The signature information popup will now appear automatically when typing
,in appropriate places (LSP).
- #602/#2764: Loose
.dartfiles can now be opened without a workspace folder (LSP).
- #2727: The “Convert quotes” quick-fixes are now available for interpolated strings.
- #2807: A new command Dart: Generate Documentation has been added to run
dartdoc. This is also available when editing a
dartdoc_options.yamlfile and as a VS Code Task.
- #2777: The error “Unable to execute Stagehand. SyntaxError” will no longer appear the first time you run Dart: New Project after upgrading your SDK.
- #2226: A new setting (
dart.devToolsBrowser) allows launching DevTools in your default browser instead of Chrome.
- #2784: Hitting a breakpoint in a web app now jumps to the currect source code.
Some feature requests and fixes require new features and fixes in upstream projects like VS Code and LSP which use counts of 👍s on those issues to help gauge demand. The Dart-Code website now lists some of the most significant upstream issues with a description of the feature/fix they would enable. Please consider reviewing this list and adding your 👍 to any GitHub issues relevant to features you’d like to see!