For instructions on installing the Dart or Flutter extensions, go here.
- #2877: Large strings printed to the console while debugging will no longer consume significant amounts of CPU in the debug adapter.
- #2880: Stack frames printed to the debug console with no line/column information will no longer result in the URI/filename disappearing.
package: links are now detected in the built-in terminal and automatically linked as long as they are referenced by one of your projects.
Stack Trace Improvements
- #2795/#2796: Relative paths and
dart:libraries are now detected in stack traces printed to the debug console.
- #2794: Stack traces printed to the debug console while running tests are now detected and linked.
- #2793/#2809: Errors for
requiredparameters (like “vsync is not detected as a named parameter”) should no longer appear after using the Flutter: New Project command.
- #2776: Icons previews have been updated to support new rounded/outline variants and many new Cupterino icons.
- #2813: Code-fixes that include suggestion drop-downs will no longer generate incorrect code when one of the suggestions contains a comma.
The following changes include changes in the SDK and therefore may only apply when you are using a new enough SDK version. Those marked LSP may only apply when using the LSP preview (
"dart.previewLsp": true in your VS Code settings).
- #2818: Refactor error messages will no longer show an empty string
""for unnamed libraries, instead showing a relative path.
- #2781: Signature help will now show “required” against parameters that are marked with the
- #2766: “Create missing overrides” will no longer sometimes generate invalid code on Windows.
- #2762: The Dart: Sort Members command will no longer sometimes delete comments alongside
- #2680: The
dart.analysisExcludedFolderssetting is now supported for LSP.
- #1132: The signature information popup will now appear automatically when typing
,in appropriate places (LSP).
- #602/#2764: Loose
.dartfiles can now be opened without a workspace folder (LSP).
- #2727: The “Convert quotes” quick-fixes are now available for interpolated strings.
- #2807: A new command Dart: Generate Documentation has been added to run
dartdoc. This is also available when editing a
dartdoc_options.yamlfile and as a VS Code Task.
- #2777: The error “Unable to execute Stagehand. SyntaxError” will no longer appear the first time you run Dart: New Project after upgrading your SDK.
- #2226: A new setting (
dart.devToolsBrowser) allows launching DevTools in your default browser instead of Chrome.
- #2784: Hitting a breakpoint in a web app now jumps to the currect source code.